page background

Friday, April 15, 2011

A letter from a friend

A dear friend (KB) sent me a card around the time Ella was born and I just found it last week and re-read it. It made my day and much of what she said really touched my heart even now, in the time of life that I am, with my past and struggle with PPD. She writes:

"I can do all things (give birth, be a wonderful wife, mommy, daughter, sister and friend) through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13

....May you go on with much courage and strength and hope and peace facing this scary and daunting situation as the dear brave women that I am. You are not alone. You are dearly loved by so many......You are an amazing wife, a wonderful friend and I know you will be a fantastic mom.

....God would not give you this child if you were not exactly what he/she needs to fulfill God's plan. All your strength, weaknesses, failures and triumphs are perfectly matched to your baby."

~Thanks to my friend for speaking those words years ago - you are greatly appreciated.

No comments: