page background

Saturday, September 14, 2019

7 years of pure JOY

This sweet boy. He's 7. He has a heart of gold. I love him. Lucas brings a joy to our home. His one missing tooth grin literally makes me laugh every day! If I could describe him in 3 words it would be:
Loyal, Just and Tender. 

He's my child that LOVES affection. It fills his bucket to the top to be squeezed. To be hugged. To be held. Within that tender heart is a heart that is fiercely loyal and just. He will be there for you and I'm serious when I say that. He follows his word. And with that comes a justice for the right. He will be there and he's got your back. 

Like every other birthday of his, there comes a moment on his day that it hits me and my mind and heart wonder to his birth mom. Today, it hit me at the restaurant where we were eating with Rick's family. I looked over and I just saw him. I saw all the beauty of him and his being. And I held back tears. In that moment, my heart thought of P. And my heart gets heavy. Heavy for the love that she has for him and a love that we will never fully understand. 7 years ago she made a decision that would impact all of the lives intertwined around one small baby boy. Loving Lucas is a blessing and joy and gift that I treasure every single day. I fiercely love him.

No comments: