page background

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Where to begin?

Where does one begin when they start a blog for the first time ever?

At the present moment, I have around 100 blogs I follow - some friends, some stangers, lots on Decorating on a budget, some inspirational ones geared towards encouraging women, and lots of blog with before and after pictures of projects people are working on - most of them strangers. I have gleaned so many new ideas for decorating, creating gifts for others, making my home more inviting, comfortable, liveable, caring for my E, and learning to love my husband even more daily, etc.... from these many blogs.

So because of that, I decided a few nights ago that I want a place where I can journal what I am learning, sharing pics of what I am working on, rambling about what I am learning or struggling with in life and just being real.

Why did I choose the title "Living Life Joyously" as my blog? Well, if you know me, you know that the last 2 years of my life have been very difficult. A time for me to take a step back and realize that I do not understand God's purposes but I am here to live it out. As my head has cleared, I am realizing that Joy is something that I purposely have to keep at the forefront in my mind. Looking at the situation at hand, and trying to find the good it in.

Joy in the Lord is what keeps me going some days. Joy in my heart helps me to have the right attitude toward my daughter, husband, struggles, and hurts. I don't mean that I am a happy go luck type of girl who is always cheerful all the time! By no means! But I am working on have the Joy of the Lord be my Strength.

Today, I think of Joy as seeing the sunrise and realizing THIS is a new day - created my God and I am hear to live it out! You know that feeling you get when you look out the window and see the sun rising? It's that peaceful, all is well, I love life, God is good, a fresh start feeling that puts a smile on my face.

~Live Joyously today~

No comments: