page background

Sunday, August 4, 2013

It's been a long time - so much has happened.

I realized tonight that it's been over a year since I've written anything. For awhile there, I was writing every day or so. But last June, I realized I needed a break. I needed a break from writing, thinking, feeling, dwelling on post partum depression. I needed to go into hibernation from it all and stop. I know that when I started this blog, it was a place for me to heal from PPD by writing about it. Last year though, it was time for me to take a step away from it all.

Life has been a rollercoaster of emotion for me since I last wrote. Last June, my heart was breaking almost everyday, just dreaming and desiring my adopted baby. Some days I felt like time stood still. Other days, I was so low and angry that I wasn't to just hide and talk to no one.

But God knew. During all those months of pain and lonliness in my heart, my baby boy was in his birthmother's womb, growing, already known by God.

And now, I am so ready to say on this blog that God answered our prayers of over 2 years and gave us a son, gave my daughter a brother. In September of last year - yes, he's turning a year next month!

I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but honestly, I needed and wanted to revel in the amazingness of it all and needed time for me to just enjoy the time.



No comments: