Moments this past year that I treasure still:
- That calming moment when time stood still as Lucas was placed into my arms at 8pm that wonderful Monday night.
- Waking up when he was 2 days old, and seeing Rick holding his son skin to skin in bed - both daddy and son had this most amazing stillness to them both.
- The day his eyes turned from that steely blue I loved to the deep brown that look into me deeply.
- The day when Lucas truly recognized Ella when she came home from school and Lucas turned to her and smiled and almost laughed.
- June 14 - the day that Lucas turned 9 months old. He had now heard my voice as long as a pregnancy and something in me knew that I was his mama.
- May, Mother's day - the first night Lucas fell asleep in my arms in his chair after his night bottle.
- The way that he always needs to know where I am in a room - his eyes look for me and then he's content.
Lucas has brought the most joy, the most amazing joy to my life. He has been like a healer to my soul, when it was at the deepest pit of pain and lonliness.
My dear son - may you ALWAYS know that you are the greatest love to my life. You and your sister bring a fullness to my life, together, the two of you!