page background

Friday, February 11, 2011

Distractions

I have some OCD tendencies since PPD hit me. It is one of the aspects that I really do still struggle with more that I like to admit. It might just be that I might just have some OD without the C :)

Anyway, today, through the advice of a friend, it was suggested to me that when I start having the OD thoughts, that I need to find something to distract me instantly - to get my mind off of what I am obsessing over and think on something that I enjoy.

So, I came up with a few things: doing a craft of some sort, or sewing; reading blogs that are not related to PPD; write on my blog about things unrelated to PPD :); knit; read a magazine.

Somtimes I just need to be more practical. This was a practical idea that I can grasp and actually feel like I can accomplish!

I wrote a note on my white board in the family room today. It reads "It will be fine".

No comments: